Sunday, April 17, 2011

Introducing Tweak Bunny and the Gup-D

Tweak Bunny in Caelan's favourite Gup
I finished this one last weekend but haven't had a chance to share it here since acquiring a tooth abscess and head cold to start this first week of school holidays- typical eh?!!  At least it gave me time to finish the gup-d and start on the 'c'!! We noticed watching the Octonauts show this week that each gup has it's name printed on the back near the tail so I amended the 1st two I'd made and included it on the 3rd one too.
Kwazii Cat in the orange one needed replacing after Aedan managed to pull off the dome & rip out the cat! I've had to tape down the dome so he doesn't do it again...
The Octofleet so far...

Caelan impersonating the Gup-C
I've ordered some Octonauts books for him that will hopefully arrive this week in time for Easter, he's just obsessed! Tho today he was dressed up and playing as Captain Barnacles one moment and then Sportacus, then Buzz Lightyear the next! I love listening in to the little stories he makes up, the role playing, the language and expression in his voice, he's growing up so fast!!

Both of my boys are now such 'little boys', past the baby stage and doing so much more together. Aedan just adores his big brother and everything that Caelan's into, he's taking a fancy to as well, including the Octonauts! They both made underwater collages this week with cutouts of the characters stuck around rocks and seaweed we made with some of those funky scissors kids like! I made them some basic fish and jellyfish too, (actually it was parrotfish Caelan requested !),  and they loved sticking their pictures together.Aedan named every character as he covered them in glue & sat there singing the theme song with his brother, it was lovely :)  They're now hanging proudly in the rooms, I'll try to remember to take some photos tomorrow...

I'm looking forward to my next project being something for Aedan, I haven't decided what yet, but I might be due for a change from the paper mache for a bit, I want my kitchen bench back!!

I'll get the Gup-C finished this week, it's been a fiddly one but I've loved the challenge of getting the shapes and proportions right. The colours aren't as accurate as I'd like but to be honest, I couldn't be bothered mixing colours perfectly, my head's just been too stuffy! After that, there's just 1 more Gup in the fleet which should be quick as it won't need as much painting/drying time as the others.
I might get it done before Easter, it's a busy week ahead but hopefully I'll get the time... 

1 comment: