Thursday, April 28, 2011

Caelan's Kinder Homework...

Even as a teacher, I wasn't quite expecting to be dealing with 'homework' yet....from preschool!! Don't get me wrong, I totally support the kinder program and value that they are promoting family involvement, it just seems strange to say out loud that my 4 year old has homework to do! I am of course though, more than happy to help him get creative & do as he's been asked, so when instructed to make up a page about his family, here's what we did....





Here's what he wrote to go with his photos:

"Daddy likes to play Toy Story games with me."


"Mummy likes to make Octonauts things with me."


"I like playing with balls with Aedan. So does Dad."


"I like doing jump splits like Sportcacus."


"My family likes to play music together and play outside."





It was great to do something like this that we were all a part of and was so much fun for a sunny afternoon :)

Of track a little, I want to say thankyou to all the other facebook Octonauts fans who have taken the time to check out my blog and gup project. It's amazing all the creative things other parents and grandparents are doing for their own Octonauts fans, the website is full of home-made Octonauts creations, it's worth checking out! There's a real bonus to there being no merchandise available yet, it's been inspiring people worldwide to step out of the consumer-driven path we sometimes find ourselves on, and create a bit of magic for our kids. I hope it continues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment